We hope you are okay and that those around you are keeping safe despite the worry and hardship everyone is facing.
As a supporter of The Wisdom Hospice, please use your compassion wherever it’s needed right now – for family, friends and our wider community.
We can all help each other.
The Wisdom Hospice continues to provide vital care for many extremely vulnerable people in Medway and Swale as it can. The Friends will continue to support The Hospice while doing our bit for the NHS and working from home.
What does this mean for our supporters?
- All of our events have been rescheduled to September or currently postponed. Please see our website for our updated events dates and further news. If you have already purchased tickets you will be contacted by email.
- For the time being our office phones lines will not be monitored. The Hospice can take messages for us, but it would be best if you could simply email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will still be responding to post from our supporters, but where possible we may reply by email. Please be aware that letters of receipt may take longer to reach you.
What can I do to help?
Now more than ever your support and donations would be extremely appreciated at this critical time.
- If you can help us with a donation at this time we would gratefully appreciate your support. We would encourage any donations to be made online. You can make one-off donations, donations in memory, pay in fundraising and sponsorship all on our website.
- Stay in touch with us. Follow us on our social media channels to stay up to date with how you can support us and The Hospice during this time.
- Sign up to our newsletter to stay in touch by email. We can let you know about any changes to our events and any new virtual events to keep you entertained during this period.
Thank you for being a supporter of The Wisdom Hospice. Our thoughts are with you all, please stay safe.